Our Beliefs and Vision Statement
The I-C-I framework:
- Imagination is the capacity to conceive of what is not yet present or manifest.
- Creativity is imagination applied (“imagination at work”) to do or make something that flows from the prior capacity to conceive of the new.
- Innovation consists of further creative actions that advance the form, depth, reach, and richness of that which has been brought into being.
- Imagination is the bedrock of human creativity.
- The creative seed is present in every human being and can be nurtured and developed.
- Innovation can bring about transformation.
- By fostering creativity in our society as a whole, and specifically with future generations, America can remain a leader in innovation and free enterprise.
Why creativity matters:
- A sustainable future depends upon imaginative, creative, innovative solutions to profound and complex challenges.
- The imagination that is essential to meet these challenges is an underdeveloped and under-utilized resource.
- The very future of our communities and institutions depends on our ability to nurture and harness imagination to creatively solve problems.
- If creativity is to be nurtured, systems, institutions and networks must be transformed.
Our vision is to:
- Spark State and National movements to create environments—in our schools, in our workplaces, in our communities and in our public offices—where every person is inspired to grow creatively.
- Develop a grassroots network to facilitate the exchange of ideas, models and “best questions” as well as providing support and processes for those who want to take part.